Guesty is one of the biggest names in the vacation rental management software industry. They claim to provide an end-to-end solution and have a laundry list of features designed for vacation rental property managers.
But Guesty is definitely one of the more expensive vacation rental software options, and some say they’re a “Jack of all trades, master of none.” Whatever the reason, if you’re looking for more options, here are some Guesty alternatives to check out:
These represent just a handful of the many vacation rental property management systems (PMS) available, but these are our top picks. Each of these platforms is included in our list of the best vacation rental channel managers.
Uplisting vs Guesty
Uplisting is our most highly recommended vacation rental management software. They have a similar laundry list of features compared to Guesty.
- Premium pricing – Uplisting is on the higher end of the price point of vacation rental managing platforms. As such, they don’t disappoint in their features and services.
- Superb customer service – Uplisting has excellent customer support (they have virtually no negative reviews). They are building a reliable, user-friendly product, and are very responsive to customer feedback, which they incorporate into their frequent new feature releases.
- Robust feature set – In addition to a channel manager and direct booking website builder, they also have features like security deposits, cleaning scheduling, and lots of other automation features.
Visit Uplisting.io to start a free 14-day trial.
OwnerRez vs Guesty
OwnerRez is another end-to-end solution for vacation rental property managers. It comes at a much more affordable price than Guesty, and you can pick and choose the features you want to pay for.
- Great feature set – Some of OwnerRez’s most popular features are their Quickbooks accounting integration and owner commissions and payouts.
- Cheaper price – OwnerRez sits on the mid-range price point, making it a solid alternative to Guesty.
Visit OwnerRez.com to start a free 14-day trial.
Lodgify vs Guesty
Lodgify is another big name in the vacation rental software industry. They are perhaps best known for their direct booking website builder, but they also have a growing number of property management features and integrations.
- Flat rate – Lodgify offers a base plan of $32/month while you need to get a quote from Guesty.
- Free trial – Unlike Guesty, Lodgify offers a 7-day free trial to see if it’s really for you.
- Similar feature sets – Guesty and Lodgify have very similar feature sets (and both have all the essential features needed to manage your vacation rental business), but Guesty has a few more advanced features.
iGMS vs Guesty
iGMS is another full-featured short-term rental management software, with a long list of features comparable to Guesty. They have similar pricing as Uplisting, but also have a Flexible pricing plan, for those looking to dip their toes into vacation rental management software.
- Cheaper pricing – iGMS sits on the more budget-friendly side of the price range for vacation rental management software.
- Better customer support rating – iGMS scores a bit higher on customer service reviews so you know they can be responsive and can attend to your needs.
- Similar feature set – Both management platforms share many of the basic features and integration that you’d need.
Visit iGMS.com for a free trial.
Smoobu vs Guesty
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same features as Guesty for Hosts. They are less expensive than Guesty. While Smoobu has good support generally they’ve also received their fair share of complaints about customer support not being knowledgeable enough to help and delayed response times.
- Lower price – Smoobu offers a cheaper price than Guesty. If you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs Guesty
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software.
- Cheaper Price Range – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Syncbnb might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Guesty has many more features in their bundle than Syncbnb, including a website builder and property management features.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs Guesty
Hostaway and Guesty have a similar feature set, including advanced features and integrations that can help you streamline the process of managing lots of properties. Their customer support and onboarding are personalized (like Guesty). To get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Lower price – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo. Like Guesty, they require a demo and custom quote, rather than a free trial.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs Guesty
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) has been around for a long time, and they’ve grown a reputation as being an excellent tool for guest messaging automation. When they rebranded from Smartbnb to Hospitable, they also introduced a whole range of new features, making them a viable option if you’re looking for an alternative to Guesty or another vacation rental management platform.
- Lower Pricing – Hospitable starts at $25/mo for 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Many of their features are new, and it seems they still have some growing pains.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Guesty for Hosts vs Guesty
Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App) is a cheaper and more convenient way to get most of the same features as Guesty. If you have 1 – 3 properties, you can get started with a free trial.
Visit hosts.guesty.com to start a free trial.
Other Guesty Alternatives
Here are some other alternatives to Guesty, which may or may not work for you depending on your feature requirements.
- Hostfully – Similar price and features as many on this list. No free trial, and requires a $400 setup fee (waived with an annual subscription). You can get $100 off your Hostfully subscription with code EGNTNJ494
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Guesty alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?