Top vacation rental management platform Guesty acquired the Your Porter App and turned it into what is now called Guesty for Hosts. While Guesty caters to the hospitality industry at large, Guesty for Hosts is more targeted towards smaller-scale vacation and short-term rental property management.
If you’re here to look for Guesty for Hosts alternatives, here are our top picks:
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms than this, but these are some of the most popular on the market. Aside from these, we’ve also included some other alternatives that didn’t make our list if you want to compare even more options.
Uplisting vs Guesty for Hosts
Uplisting is a premium, comprehensive vacation rental management platform. They are quickly growing in popularity due to their focus on usability, reliability, and excellent customer support. They’re our top pick overall if you’re looking for the best vacation rental management software.
- Higher Price – Uplisting comes with a premium price tag, and starts at $100/mo for up to 5 properties.
- Better Customer Service – Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews. They are committed to making their customers happy, and they’re responsive to feedback (which they use to inform their frequent new feature releases).
- Limited Website Builder – Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable. That said, their direct booking website template is clean, modern, and optimized for bookings.
Visit Uplisting.io to learn more.
OwnerRez vs Guesty for Hosts
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price.
- Flexible Pricing – OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want). Depending on the features you want, you can get better value for the price compared to Guesty for Hosts, especially if you have a large number of properties to manage.
- Better Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – OwnerRez and Guesty for Hosts boast very similar feature sets – Property Management, guest automation, and Channel Management, etc. OwnerRez also has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature.
iGMS vs Guesty for Hosts
iGMS is a comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. They have very similar features to Guesty for Hosts, with fewer negative reviews about their customer support than Guesty for Hosts. Their pricing is also higher, though they do have a Flexible pricing plan, where you just pay $1/booking.
- More Budget-friendly Price – iGMS starts at $20/property/mo. But they also have a flexible entry-level pricing option.
- Similar Feature Set – Guesty for Hosts and iGMS both have similar features.
- Same Customer Support Reputation – iGMS tends to score highly in online reviews when it comes to customer support, with more or less the same review ratings as Guesty for Hosts.
Visit iGMS.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs Guesty for Hosts
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same features as Guesty for Hosts. They are less expensive than Guesty for Hosts. While Smoobu has good support generally they’ve also received their fair share of complaints about customer support not being knowledgeable enough to help and delayed response times.
- Lower price – Smoobu offers a slightly lower price than Guesty for Hosts. If you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs Guesty for Hosts
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software.
- Cheaper Price Range – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Syncbnb might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Guesty for Hosts has many more features in their bundle than Hosthub, including a website builder and property management features.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Tokeet vs Guesty for Hosts
Tokeet gets on the list as a solid Guesty for Hosts alternative for its lower price point. Tokeet’s website builder has a library of templates and some advanced customization options (including the ability to add custom CSS and JS).
- Lower Pricing – Tokeet is one of the more affordable vacation rental management software options which starts at $20/listing/month.
- Highly-customizable Website Builder – Tokeet has a very robust website builder that you can customize to your liking.
- Bad Customer Support – This is where Tokeet struggles; with reports of being unresponsive and unreliable, their customer support ratings take a lot of hits compared to most vacation rental management software in the market today.
Visit Tokeet.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs Guesty for Hosts
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) was built for guest messaging automation, and they do an excellent job at it. They’ve recently added several features like direct bookings and task management, making them a viable option if you’re looking for a replacement for Guesty for Hosts.
- Slightly Lower Pricing – Hospitable starts at $40/mo for 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Hospitable has excellent automation and channel management features, but some of their newer features are still working out the kinks.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs Guesty for Hosts
Hostaway offers more advanced integrations than Guesty for Hosts, and might be a better fit if you’re managing lots of properties. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Premium pricing – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like Guesty for Hosts, and instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs Guesty for Hosts
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies and for large-scale bookings for hotels. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Higher price – Guesty is one of the more expensive vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- Similar customer support – As basically they come from the same company, both share the same reputation when it comes to customer support.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial like its ‘for Hosts’ sibling, and instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Guesty.com to learn more.
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Hostfully – Hostfully is comparable to many of the options on our list, with a comprehensive feature set including channel management, direct bookings, and guest messaging automation. They don’t offer a free trial, but you can request a demo. Their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Guesty for Hosts alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?