Hospitable, formerly known as Smartbnb, is a vacation rental management software best known (and built initially) for its automated replies on platforms like Airbnb or Vrbo. It also now includes features to automate routine tasks, like calendar sync and operations management.
In this post, we’ve taken a close look at Hospitable’s main features, pricing plans, pros and cons, and our overall Hospitable Review, to help you decide if it’s a good fit for you.
What is Hospitable?
Hospitable, formerly called Smartbnb, began as a way to help founder and host Pierre-Camille Hamana in Brussels rent out his extra room. Now, it’s a successful business that’s helped thousands of hosts worldwide manage more than 270,000 listings.
This platform offers a comprehensive set of features designed to streamline property management, enhance guest communication, and boost the overall rental experience.
- Guest Communication – Streamline and enhance communication with guests, ensuring a seamless experience.
- Automated Replies – Save time by setting up automated responses to common guest inquiries, such as check-in details or Wi-Fi passwords.
- Unified Inbox – Manage all guest messages from various platforms in one place, ensuring you never miss an important message.
- Channel Manager – Sync your property’s availability and rates across multiple booking platforms, increasing your property’s visibility.
- Team Collaboration – Collaborate effectively with your team, assign tasks, and manage property-related work efficiently.
- Task Management – Organize property maintenance and cleaning schedules, ensuring your property is in top condition for guests.
- Analytics and Reporting – Gain valuable insights into your property’s financial performance and occupancy rates, helping you make data-driven decisions.
- Direct Booking Websites – Communicate directly with guests who book through your website, increasing your control over the booking process.
- Double Booking Protection – Prevent double bookings, a common issue in property management, with built-in protection mechanisms.
- Smart Locks Integration – Seamlessly integrate with smart locks for secure and convenient guest check-in and check-out experiences.
Now, let’s shift our focus to two standout features that truly set Hospitable apart:
The roots of Hospitable lie in addressing the challenges faced by property managers and hosts in managing guest inquiries. Their Automated Replies feature, developed with this in mind, is designed to save you time by providing pre-set responses to common guest queries. Whether it’s sharing check-in instructions or essential house rules, this feature enables you to respond promptly, enhancing the overall guest experience.
Hospitable places a strong emphasis on the art of guest communication, as it was initially created to facilitate host-guest interactions. It offers a unified inbox that streamlines and enhances communication across various platforms. This feature is designed to ensure that hosts can provide timely and personalized responses, creating a memorable guest experience.
These features, among others, exemplify Hospitable’s commitment to making property management efficient and guest satisfaction a top priority.
Hospitable offers flexible pricing, allowing you to choose the plan that suits your needs best, but with a base of $40 USD for two properties. Visit their website to calculate your pricing.
Hospitable’s free trial includes 14 days at no cost. After that, you only pay for properties with recent check-ins beyond the initial two. No extra fees, and you can cancel anytime!
Hospitable Pros and Cons
Despite Hospitable’s impressive features, no software is without its pros and cons. Let’s take a closer look into those areas that we love and those where Hospitable fell short.
- Great communication experience: The software provides effective tools and features for seamless communication with guests and team members, ensuring a positive experience.
- User-friendly: Hospitable offers an intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface, making it accessible for users without a steep learning curve.
- Time saver for STR Managers: It streamlines various property management tasks, saving valuable time for Short-Term Rental (STR) Managers and improving overall efficiency.
- Slow Customer Service response time: The software’s customer support may have delayed response times, potentially affecting user assistance and issue resolution.
- Now and then bugs: Users may encounter occasional software glitches or errors that can disrupt their experience with the platform.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Hospitable, there are multiple other property management software to consider. Let’s look at some of these alternatives to help you find the best solution for your specific needs:
- Hostaway – Tailored to meet advanced property management needs. It boasts a high degree of customization, an extensive marketplace of integrations, and a robust API.
- Uplisting – Top overall pick. It provides a complete platform for managing vacation rental properties. Its support is excellent, and its user-friendly interface is packed with a huge variety of features.
- OwnerRez – The perfect choice for property managers who value efficiency. It offers convenient owner management features, and automation capabilities, and provides outstanding customer support.
For more information on Hospitable’s alternatives, check out this post!
Should You Use Hospitable? Our Recommendation
Hospitable stands as an excellent choice for property managers and hosts seeking streamlined operations and enhanced guest experiences. Its affordable pricing, combined with a user-friendly interface, makes it a robust tool in your property management toolkit. If you’re exploring other software platforms, be sure to check out our post on the best vacation rental management software!
So, is this the right choice for you? Adding Hospitable to your toolkit for managing rental properties can be very beneficial, especially with their risk-free trial that allows you to test it out. Give it a go and see how it works for your specific needs.
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?