Founded by short-term rental property managers, Hostfully is “committed to [their] belief that software should empower companies to do more with less.” But while they do offer very solid features that are sure to help you manage your vacation rental properties, they are on the more premium side in terms of pricing.
Here are our top picks of the best Hostfully alternatives that might provide you with your short-term rental property management needs for a fraction of the price:
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms out there, but these are some of the most popular out there. Aside from these, we’ve also included some other alternatives that didn’t make our list if you want to compare even more options.
Uplisting vs Hostfully
Uplisting is a premium, comprehensive vacation rental management platform. They are quickly growing in popularity due to their focus on usability, reliability, and excellent customer support. They’re our top pick overall if you’re looking for the best vacation rental management software.
- Premium Pricing – Uplisting comes with a premium price tag, and starts at $100/mo for up to 5 properties.
- Better Customer Service – Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews. They are committed to making their customers happy, and they’re responsive to feedback (which they use to inform their frequent new feature releases).
- Limited Website Builder – Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable. That said, their direct booking website template is clean, modern, and optimized for bookings.
Visit Uplisting.io to learn more.
OwnerRez vs Hostfully
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price.
- Flexible Pricing – OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want). Depending on the features you want, you can get better value for the price compared to Hostfully, especially if you have a large number of properties to manage.
- Great Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – OwnerRez has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature. But Hostfully offers more comprehensive property management features like promotions, revenue, and rate management, and a dedicated customer database.
Visit OwnerRez.com to learn more.
iGMS vs Hostfully
iGMS is a comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. They have very similar features to Hostfully, for a significant fraction of the price.
- Higher Price – iGMS starts at $20/property/mo. But they also have a flexible entry-level pricing option.
- Better Feature Set – Hostfully and iGMS both offer some of the basic vacation rental management features, but Hostfully provides better accounting features.
- Similar Customer Support Reputation – While both platforms have outstanding numbers in online reviews, iGMS sits just above Hostfully by a few points.
Visit iGMS.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs Hostfully
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same features as Hostfully. Given that both platforms are on opposite ends of the price range for vacation rental management software, Smoobu is a solid option you need to check out.
- On the opposite end of the price range – Smoobu is one of the cheapest alternatives to Hostfully. But if you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- Similar feature set – Both platforms provide many of the basic features you need to manage your properties.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more
Hosthub vs Hostfully
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software.
- Similar Price – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Hosthub might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Hostfully offers many more features and integrations than Hosthub, including a more robust website builder, accounting, and property management features.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Tokeet vs Hostfully
Tokeet gets on the list as one of the most budget-friendly alternatives to Hostfully. Tokeet’s website builder is one of the best, with a library of templates and some advanced customization options (including the ability to add custom CSS and JS).
- Lower Pricing – Tokeet is one of the most affordable vacation rental management software options.
- Less advanced features – While Tokeet is a solid cheap option, they lack a lot of the accounting and owner management features you might need.
- Bad Customer Support – Tokeet has plenty of positive reviews, but there are enough negative ones to make the trend hard to ignore.
Visit Tokeet.com to learn more.
Lodgify vs Hostfully
Lodgify is a popular property management software known for its easy-to-use channel manager and direct booking website builder. Lodgify provides a lot of value to the mid-price range for the features they offer.
- Middle price range – Lodgify sits on the mid-range pricing of vacation rental management software with ~$32/month minimum plan.
- Similar review rating – Both platforms have great reputations from its users, but Lodgify scores better in customer support and ease of use compared to Hostfully.
Hostaway vs Hostfully
Hostaway offers many advanced features and integrations and might be a better fit if you’re managing lots of properties. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Similar premium price – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like Hostfully, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs Hostfully
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Higher price – Guesty is one of the more expensive vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- Similar customer support – Both Hostfully and Guesty have their fair share of negative reviews; users give both platforms roughly the same rating on many review sites.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial like Hostfully, and instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process. Unless you have 1-3 properties, in which case you can sign up for Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App).
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Hostfully alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
But if you think Hostfully is really for you, their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription when you sign up!
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?