iGMS is a vacation rental property management software run “by professional hosts for professional hosts.” They are on a mission “to make the lives of vacation rental managers easier with the help of the powerful smart tools” using their IT expertise to automate tasks, among other things.
But if you’re in the market for the best iGMS alternatives to help you manage your short-term rental properties, here are our top picks:
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms than this, but these are some of the most popular out there today. Aside from these, we’ve also included some other alternatives that didn’t make our list if you want to compare even more options.
Uplisting vs iGMS
Uplisting is a premium, comprehensive vacation rental management platform. They are quickly growing in popularity due to their focus on usability, reliability, and excellent customer support. They’re our top pick overall if you’re looking for the best vacation rental management software.
- Premium Pricing – Uplisting comes with a premium price tag, and starts at $100/mo for up to 5 properties.
- Better Customer Service – Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews. They are committed to making their customers happy, and they’re responsive to feedback (which they use to inform their frequent new feature releases).
- Limited Website Builder – Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable. That said, their direct booking website template is clean, modern, and optimized for bookings.
Visit Uplisting.io to learn more.
OwnerRez vs iGMS
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price.
- Flexible Pricing – OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want). Depending on the features you want, you can get better value for the price compared to iGMS, especially if you have a large number of properties to manage.
- Better Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – OwnerRez and iGMS have very similar feature sets – Property Management, guest automation, Channel Management, etc. OwnerRez also has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature.
Visit OwnerRez.com to learn more.
Lodgify vs iGMS
Lodgify is a popular property management software known for its easy-to-use channel manager and direct booking website builder. Lodgify provides more value to the mid-price range for the features they offer.
- Similar price range – Both platforms are on the midrange pricing for vacation rental software; Lodgify offers a minimum plan of ~$32/month.
- Great website builder – Lodgify is our top pick of vacation rental website builders out there today. They offer a great combination of management and website-building features.
- Similar review reputation – Both platforms have great reputations from their users with similar ratings in authority review sites.
Visit Lodgify.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs iGMs
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) was built for guest messaging automation, and they do an excellent job at it. They’ve recently added several features like direct bookings and task management, making them a viable option if you’re looking for a replacement for iGMS.
- Almost Similar Pricing – Hospitable starts at $40/mo for 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Hospitable has excellent automation and channel management features, but some of their newer features are still working out the kinks.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs iGMS
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same features as iGMS. While they both sit in the same price range, iGMS lags behind in the feature set department.
- Similar price range – Smoobu offers roughly the same price as iGMS. If you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- More advanced features – Smoobu has a lot more features than iGMS; booking calendar management, email automation, and some accounting features are not available on iGMS.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs iGMS
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software. But they don’t have many of the automation or property management features as iGMS, and their website builder requires a setup fee.
- Similar Price – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Hosthub might be perfect for you.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Tokeet vs iGMS
Tokeet shares a lot of the basic features of iGMS. Tokeet’s website builder is one of the best, with a library of templates and some advanced customization options (including the ability to add custom CSS and JS).
- Similar price range– Tokeet is one of the most affordable vacation rental management software options.
- Less advanced features – Tokeet lacks a lot of the owner management features you might need.
- Bad Customer Support – Tokeet has plenty of positive reviews, but there are enough negative ones to make the trend hard to ignore.
Visit Tokeet.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs iGMS
Hostaway offers more advanced features and integrations than iGMS, and might be a better fit if you’re managing lots of properties. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Higher price – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like iGMS, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs iGMS
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Higher price – Guesty is one of the more expensive vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial like iGMS, and instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process. Unless you have 1-3 properties, in which case you can sign up for Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App).
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Hostfully – Hostfully is comparable to many of the options on our list, with a comprehensive feature set including channel management, direct bookings, and guest messaging automation. They don’t offer a free trial, but you can request a demo. Their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more iGMS alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?