Lodgify is a popular vacation rental management software platform, but it may not be the best fit for every business. In this post, we’re going over some of the best Lodgify alternatives, and how they compare. Whether you’re looking for different features, pricing, or better customer support, here’s a list of Lodgify competitors that might be a better fit for your vacation rental business.
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms than this, but these are some of the most popular on the market. Aside from these, we’ve also included some other alternatives that didn’t make our list if you want to compare even more options.
Uplisting vs Lodgify
Uplisting is a premium, comprehensive vacation rental management platform. They are quickly growing in popularity due to their focus on usability, reliability, and excellent customer support. They’re our top pick overall if you’re looking for the best vacation rental management software.
- Higher Price – Uplisting comes with a premium price tag, and starts at $100/mo for up to 5 properties.
- Better Customer Service – Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews. They are committed to making their customers happy, and they’re responsive to feedback (which they use to inform their frequent new feature releases).
- Limited Website Builder – Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable. That said, their direct booking website template is clean, modern, and optimized for bookings.
Visit Uplisting.io to learn more.
OwnerRez vs Lodgify
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price.
- Flexible Pricing – OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want). Depending on the features you want, you can get better value for the price compared to Lodgify, especially if you have a large number of properties to manage.
- Better Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – OwnerRez and Lodgify have very similar features – Property Management, guest automation, and Channel Management, etc. OwnerRez also has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature.
iGMS vs Lodgify
iGMS is a comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. They have very similar features to Lodgify, with fewer negative reviews about their customer support than Lodgify. Their pricing is also higher, though they do have a Flexible pricing plan, where you just pay $1/booking.
- Higher Price – iGMS starts at $20/property/mo. But they also have a flexible entry-level pricing option.
- Similar Feature Set – Lodgify and iGMS both have similar features.
- Better Customer Support – iGMS tends to score highly in online reviews when it comes to customer support.
Visit iGMS.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs Lodgify
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same features as Lodgify. They are less expensive than Lodgify, but they are also a bit less advanced. While Smoobu has good support generally, like Lodgify, they’ve also received their fair share of complaints about customer support not being knowledgeable enough to help, and delayed response times.
- Lower price – Smoobu offers a slightly lower price than Lodgify, and a longer free trial of 14 days. If you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- Fewer advanced features – Some of the more advanced features (like automation and accounting) offered by Lodgify aren’t available on the Smoobu platform.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs Lodgify
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software. But they don’t have many of the automation or property management features as Lodgify, and their website builder requires a setup fee.
- Similar Price – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Hosthub might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Lodgify has many more features than Hosthub, including a more robust website builder and property management features.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Tokeet vs Lodgify
Tokeet is very similar to Lodgify in features and customer support reviews, with a slightly lower price. Tokeet’s website builder is one of the only ones that compare to Lodgify, with a library of templates and some advanced customization options (including the ability to add custom CSS and JS).
- Lower Pricing – Tokeet is one of the more affordable vacation rental management software options.
- Similar Features (including Website Builder) – Tokeet and Lodgify have very similar features, including their website builders, which are two of the most customizable available.
- Worse Customer Support – Both Lodgify and Tokeet tend to struggle a bit when it comes to customer service, but Lodgify still beats Tokeet. Tokeet has plenty of positive reviews, but there are enough negative ones to make the trend hard to ignore.
Visit Tokeet.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs Lodgify
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) was built for guest messaging automation, and they do an excellent job at it. They’ve recently added several features like direct bookings and task management, making them a viable option if you’re looking for a replacement for Lodgify.
- Lower Pricing – Hospitable starts at $40/mo for 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Hospitable has excellent automation and channel management features, but some of their newer features are still working out the kinks.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs Lodgify
Hostaway offers more advanced features and integrations than Lodgify, and might be a better fit if you’re managing lots of properties. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Higher price – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like Lodgify, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs Lodgify
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Higher price – Guesty is one of the more expensive vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- Similar customer support – Both Lodgify and Guesty have their fair share of negative reviews that include complaints of poor customer support experiences.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial like Lodgify, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process. Unless you have 1-3 properties, in which case you can sign up for Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App).
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Hostfully – Hostfully is comparable to many of the options on our list, with a comprehensive feature set including channel management, direct bookings, and guest messaging automation. They don’t offer a free trial, but you can request a demo. Their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Lodgify alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?