Getting a vacation rental property management software is definitely something you should look into especially when you’re already handling more than one property. Tokeet is one such management platform that’s on the cheaper end of the price range and we’ll show you how they fare compared to other property management software out there today.
Whether you’re looking for different features, pricing, or customer support, here’s a list of Tokeet competitors that might be a better fit for your vacation rental business.
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms than this, but these are some of the most popular on the market.
Uplisting vs Tokeet
Uplisting is a premium, comprehensive vacation rental management platform. They are quickly growing in popularity due to their focus on usability, reliability, and excellent customer support. They’re our top pick overall if you’re looking for the best vacation rental management software.
- Higher Price – Uplisting comes with a premium price tag, and starts at $100/mo for up to 5 properties.
- Better Customer Service – Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews. They are committed to making their customers happy, and they’re responsive to feedback (which they use to inform their frequent new feature releases).
- Limited Website Builder – Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable. That said, their direct booking website template is clean, modern, and optimized for bookings.
Visit Uplisting.io to learn more.
OwnerRez vs Tokeet
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price, and it sits along Tokeet on the cheaper end of the price range.
- Flexible Pricing – Both these platforms are definitely serious competitors against each other in this category. OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want); pretty much like Tokeet.
- Better Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – At similar price ranges, OwnerRez and Tokeet offer roughly similar features – Property Management, guest automation, and Channel Management, etc. OwnerRez also has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature.
iGMS vs Tokeet
iGMS is a comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. While they are on roughly the same price point, Tokeet lags behind in its reputation in customer support and ease of use compared to iGMS, which has fairly better reviews.
- Similar Price Range – iGMS starts at $20/property/mo. But they also have a flexible entry-level pricing option; pretty much the same as Tokeet’s Owner Plan.
- Similar Feature Set – While Tokeet and iGMS both have similar features, iGMS offers commission management and work order management features which Tokeet lacks.
- Better Customer Support – Tokeet has a rather hit-or-miss type or reputation; while iGMS garners better reviews and has better overall reputation.
Visit iGMS.com to learn more.
Lodgify vs Tokeet
Lodgify is a popular property management software known for its easy-to-use channel manager and direct booking website builder. While Tokeet and Lodgify share many of the same features, Tokeet tends to be less advanced.
- Slightly More Expensive – Lodgify plans start at $32/month with a free 7-day trial.
- More advanced features – Some of the more advanced features (like automation and accounting) offered by Lodgify aren’t available on the Tokeet platform.
- Better Reviews– Yet another platform that Tokeet doesn’t fare well against; Lodgify has better reputation as a management software.
Visit Lodgify.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs Tokeet
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, by far the most of any short-term rental management software. But their website builder and direct booking engine requires a setup fee.
- Similar Price Range – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Better Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Hosthub might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Tokeet has a better website builder (one of the best, actually) and booking widget features than Hosthub, which you can get as add-ons.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs Tokeet
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers a bit more than Tokeet. They are a tad bit more expensive than Tokeet and they are more advanced.
- Similar Price Range – Smoobu’s minimum price is at $26.10, which is pretty much in the same range as Tokeet’s minimum Owner Plan rates.
- More Features – Smoobu offers more channel management and owner management features than Tokeet.
- Similar Reputation – While Smoobu has their own fair share of negative reviews, Tokeet tends to struggle a bit when it comes to customer service. Both platforms have a tendency to hit-or-miss users.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs Tokeet
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) was built for guest messaging automation, and they do an excellent job at it. They’ve recently added several features like direct bookings and task management, making them a viable option if you’re looking for a replacement for Tokeet.
- Almost Similar Pricing – Hospitable starts at $40/mo for 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Hospitable has excellent automation and channel management features, but some of their newer features are still working out the kinks.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs Tokeet
Hostaway offers more advanced features and integrations than Tokeet, and might be a better fit if you’re managing lots of properties. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Higher price – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Better customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like Tokeet, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs Tokeet
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Higher price – Guesty is one of the more expensive vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- Better Features – Guesty offers a better, more holistic feature set than Tokeet.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial like Tokeet, and instead you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process. Unless you have 1-3 properties, in which case you can sign up for Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App).
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Hostfully – Hostfully is comparable to many of the options on our list, with a comprehensive feature set including channel management, direct bookings, and guest messaging automation. They don’t offer a free trial, but you can request a demo. Their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Tokeet alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?