In our never-ending pursuit of the best vacation rental software, we’ve put together this overview of Tokeet—a vacation rental management software platform that has a wide range of features (and mixed reviews).
In this post, we’re taking a look at the main Tokeet features, their pricing structure, and an overview of their customer reviews. We’ll also recommend some Tokeet alternatives to consider, along with our overall recommendation of Tokeet.
Tokeet’s pricing can be a bit confusing. First of all, many of their features are packaged as completely separate products (like Automata, Signature, Rate Genie, Sympl, Checklist, and Webready). We’ll go over these products later, but for now, just know that each of these has their own pricing plans, and require an additional subscription.
Tokeet is one of the more affordable vacation rental software options, especially for property managers with several properties, since the cost per property is reduced with additional property. It’s much more affordable than an option like Guesty, which charges a commission on each booking.
To use the channel manager and payments for direct bookings, you’ll need the Owner Plan, which starts at $20/listing/mo, and drops to $6.50/listing/mo at 10 properties. Tokeet does offer a Free Plan, but it includes almost no useful features.
For hosts and owners with 1-3 properties, Tokeet actually has a separate channel manager product, Sympl, with lower pricing.
When comparing Tokeet’s pricing to other platforms, remember that some features (electronic signatures, guest messaging automation, etc.), are packaged as separate products, which require an additional subscription.
You can enter your number of properties and calculate your monthly price on the Tokeet pricing page.
Let’s take a look at the features that come in Tokeet’s core product, including the channel manager, owner management, and website builder. We’ll also look at the other apps in the Tokeet suite of products (Automata, Signature, Rate Genie, Webready, etc.), which again, require a separate subscription.
Channel Manager – Sync Your Listings
One of the primary features of any vacation rental management software is the channel manager. Tokeet has a robust channel manager that has direct API connections with Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and Agoda. You can also connect via iCal calendar to any other booking sites.
It’s important to be aware that connecting to Tokeet via API will affect what you can and can’t edit or update on sites like Airbnb. This is true of most any channel manager software, but it’s something to keep in mind. This video goes into a bit more depth using the Tokeet channel manager.
View the Tokeet channel manager page to learn more.
If you manage properties with multiple different owners, Tokeet makes it easy for you to create owner commission statements, invoices, and booking reports. You can also automatically calculate and send payouts to property owners.
If you’re on the Agent Plan, these interactions can even be white-labeled, so your owners see your branding front and center.
Learn more about these features on the Owner Management page.
Direct Booking Website Builder
The Tokeet website builder is one of the best on the market. It allows you to easily accept direct bookings and payments and comes with a handful of ready-to-use templates. Tokeet’s website builder is one of the most customizable vacation rental website builders.
Here’s an example of the kind of website you can create with the Tokeet website builder.
While the Tokeet website builder is included in the core product, Tokeet also recently released a separate website builder product, Webready, which we’ll go over in a bit more detail below.
Tokeet’s Additional Product Suite
In addition to the core features of the main Tokeet product, they also offer a suite of additional vacation rental software products. These require a separate, additional subscription.
- Automata – Vacation Rental Automation – Send automated guest messages and creating booking confirmation and other workflows.
- Sympl – Channel Manager for 1-3 Properties – A very inexpensive channel manager for hosts with fewer properties. Pricing starts at $2.99/listing/mo.
- Signature – Electronic Signature Capture – Get customized, secure, and legally binding signatures from guests on short-term rental agreements.
- Webready – Vacation Rental Website Builder – Webready is a separate product from the built-in Tokeet website builder. They say it’s not intended to replace the built-in Tokeet website builder, but rather to be an optional upgrade.
- Rate Genie – Dynamic Pricing – Similar to Wheelhouse or others, Rate Genie is Tokeet’s new dynamic pricing tool.
- Checklist – Property Operations & Maintenance Management – Automate and schedule cleanings and other property maintenance tasks.
You can view each of these in more detail by clicking on the ‘Products’ link in the menu on Tokeet’s website.
Tokeet obviously integrates seamlessly with each of the products. And they also have a number of other software integrations including PriceLabs, Wishbox, Mailchimp, and others. See a full list of Tokeet integrations here.
Along with their laundry list of convenient features and reasonable pricing, Tokeet also has mixed reviews regarding customer support.
Tokeet has received a number of complaints of terrible customer service on sites like TrustPilot and Capterra. Still, others say it’s the best vacation rental software on the market, with friendly, responsive support (specifically someone named John seems to be doing a good job). But it appears to be hit or miss.
They currently have a 3.5/5 on Capterra, and a 4.2/5 on TrustPilot, with over 100 reviews on each site.
Overall, Tokeet is an affordable vacation rental software platform with a ton of features (even if many of them are packaged in separate products). If you are looking for a lower-priced solution with all the bells and whistles, we recommend giving Tokeet a try.
You can sign up at Tokeet.com for a 7 day free trial.
Be aware that Tokeet has no shortage of scathing negative reviews. Specifically, customer support appears to be very hit-and-miss. If you decide to start a free trial, we recommend paying special attention to the customer support you receive (helpfulness, timeliness, etc.), and assess whether it meets your expectations.
If you want to explore some other vacation rental software options, here are the best Tokeet alternatives we recommend looking into:
- Lodgify – Best vacation rental website builder features. Comprehensive vacation rental software, with a vacation rental website builder that rivals Tokeet’s, and one of the most popular options on the market. Read our Lodgify review.
- OwnerRez – Best value for property managers with several properties. Owner commission statements and payouts, automation features, great customer support, and flexible, affordable pricing. Read our OwnerRez review.
- Guesty for Hosts (former Your Porter App) – Best value and features for hosts with fewer properties (around 1 – 5). Many of the same basic features as Tokeet (including a direct booking website) at an even lower price. Read our Your Porter review.
- Hospitable (former Smartbnb) – Best Airbnb automation tools, but fewer features overall. Easy to set up, easy to use, and comes with excellent channel management and automation features. Affordable pricing.
- Uplisting – Best overall vacation rental management software. Comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. User-friendly, tons of features, great support, and a premium price tag.
- Best Vacation Rental Channel Managers
- Best Vacation Rental Website Builders
- Best Vacation Rental Software
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?