Turno (formerly Turnoverbnb) is a popular vacation rental cleaning software. It’s known for its convenient features that allow you to create calendars and pay your cleaners automatically. Besides being user-friendly, it’s also cost-effective, so it’s a favorite among self-managed property owners. But that doesn’t mean it’s perfect—you might benefit more from other apps.
In this post, we’ll compare some of the best Turno alternatives, including options featured in our comprehensive guide on the best vacation rental cleaning software. Whether you’re looking for a cheaper solution or a completely different set of features, here’s a rundown of some alternatives for your short-term rental company.
This list doesn’t even scratch the surface of all the cleaning software available, but these are some of the most popular ones. If you’d like to compare even more options, we’ve included some that didn’t make our main list as well.
Properly vs Turno
Properly shares many of the same features Turno has—automatic scheduling, problem reporting, and a cleaner marketplace. One of the things that sets it apart is its visual checklists. You can create detailed checklists that end up looking like cleaning guides. This way, your cleaning staff knows exactly what you expect from them.
- Flexible Pricing: Properly’s pricing model is designed to be economical for larger operations, presenting a more cost-effective solution than Turno’s fixed pricing for its paid version.
- Better Customer Support: In online reviews, Properly scores higher for customer service than Turno.
- In-App Training Feature: Both Turno and Properly have many of the same features. The main difference is that Properly has in-app courses, which Turno doesn’t. The training modules and courses are a collection of industry-recognized best practices for cleaning and safety.
ResortCleaning vs Turno
ResortCleaning and Turno share many features, including full PMS integration, mobile app access, and task management. The main difference is that ResortCleaning’s features focus on hotels and large companies. Mainly centralized invoicing and a comprehensive inventory management system. This allows businesses to see all their inventory and invoice information in one place.
- Flexible Pricing: With a 14-day free trial available, ResortCleaning’s plans start at $5.00 per property per month. This makes them more cost-effective than Turno’s fixed prices. They also make custom price plans for large hospitality companies and people who manage a lot of inventory.
- Better Customer Support: With a 5-star rating on Capterra, ResortCleaning is known for having excellent customer service—surpassing Turno’s customer support experience.
- Extensive Training: Unlike Turno, ResortCleaning offers training sessions for using the software. This ensures that users, especially those managing multiple properties, can fully use all the features and functionalities of the app.
For more information, visit resortcleaning.com.
Breezeway vs Turno
Like Turno, Breezeway lets you schedule tasks, keep track of inventory, connect to a PMS, and have mobile app access. However, Breezeway takes guest interaction to the next level with its 24/7 messaging support, provided by hospitality professionals who are familiar with your property’s details and can appropriately escalate issues.
- Unclear Pricing: Unlike Turno, Breezeway doesn’t disclose the pricing, claiming it’s personalized to each client. Those who want to know the price before considering a platform may be put off by the lack of pricing transparency.
- Better Customer Support: Breezeway holds a 4.8 rating on Capterra for customer service, surpassing Turno in user satisfaction.
- Optimized Guest Communication: Breezeway works with your PMS and automatically pulls in reservation and contact information. It simplifies tracking guest interactions and identifies ‘gap night’ revenue opportunities. Plus, it allows bulk messaging and direct task assignment from messages.
Visit breezeway.io to learn more.
TIDY vs Turno
TIDY is a cleaning and maintenance software solution. Like Turno, it gives property managers tools to find professionals, create checklists, request inspections, and automate schedules. TIDY’s standout feature is the effortless combination of software, AI, and human support. This makes it perfect for managers who want to take a more proactive and predictive approach to managing properties.
- Higher Pricing: TIDY’s price is $10 per property per month (Or $20 if you want to be billed monthly). Turno is more affordable for those bringing their own cleaning team, charging $8 a month per property. And it’s actually free if you use their Cleaner Marketplace.
- Similar Customer Service Rating: Both TIDY and Turno provide users with chat support, both online and within the respective apps. Overall, they are pretty similar in this area. Some TIDY users have said they’d like direct phone support, which neither platform offers.
- AI Features: TIDY uses AI to match clients with the right professionals, anticipate cancellations, and suggest maintenance tasks. While Turno also uses technology to save time, TIDY’s AI predicts problems and automates tasks.
Go to tidy.com to learn more.
Turnify vs Turno
Turnify is a platform designed for short-term rental cleaning management. It has many of the same features as Turno, such as calendar sync, auto-scheduling, and chats within the app. Its best features are Turnify+ and TurnifyPRO. They improve management and staffing services and make Turnify a full-fledged solution for managing cleaning staff.
- Scalable Pricing: Turnify is cheaper than Turno at $6 per month for each property. It covers stuff like auto-scheduling and a marketplace. If you’re considering Turnify+, it’s $99/month. As for TurnifyPRO, you’d have to reach out to them for the exact price.
- Worse Customer Support: The online reviews of Turnify’s customer service aren’t great. If customer service is important to you, Turno might be the best choice.
- Specialized Plans: Turnify+ manages your cleaning team daily, ensuring tasks are done on time and according to brand standards. On the other hand, TurnifyPRO is a complete housekeeping solution. It finds, trains, and manages a professional cleaning team for you.
Visit turnify.com to learn more.
Cleanster.com vs Turno
Cleanster.com lets you schedule tasks, sync your calendar, and make checklists. They are also testing out a feature that lets you manage your inventory. Additionally, they offer a property assets manager that allows you to keep an eye on your appliances, WiFi codes, and the overall condition of your property. Additionally, they offer data reporting. Basically, they’ve got all the things Turno has, with a few extras thrown in.
- Lower Pricing: They’ve got a free version if you use their marketplace. If you have your own cleaning staff, the paid version is cheaper than Turno. The Pro version is $3.99, and the Team version is $5.99 per property per month.
- Responsive Customer Service: Like Turno, Cleanster.com gets good reviews for the most part. Something worth noting is their quick response to negative feedback, which shows a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. They seem to prioritize follow-ups more than Turno does.
- Reporting and Analysis: Unlike Turno, which lacks data reporting, Cleanster offers comprehensive insights. It keeps track of work that needs to be billed, makes reports on repairs, and gives you a summary of all the work done on a property at the end of each season.
Visit cleanster.com to learn more.
Alright, so apart from the ones we’ve already dug into, there are a bunch of other tools you might want to check out. Here are a couple that came close to making our main list:
- CleanliSense: Cheap, easy to use, and shares many features with Turno and all the alternatives. They have a 30-day free trial for hosts and two free properties for vacation rental housekeeping companies. After the trial, it’s $4.95 per property each month.
- Doinn: It’s a little more expensive, but they use AI to simplify your task management. They also have services in 44 countries, making them a solid pick for international hosts.
Summary & Recommendations
As you can see, there is no shortage of options for organizing the cleaning of short-term rental properties. There’s something for everyone. While many have similar features, there are also subtle differences that cater to different needs.
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?