Founded in 2018, Uplisting is quickly and steadily becoming one of the most solid choices for vacation and short-term rental owners and managers everywhere. Their robust focus on usability has made them reliable and coupled with a stellar customer support reputation, they are actually our top pick for the best vacation rental management software.
But they do come with a premium price tag not everyone can easily afford. Whether you’re looking for different features, pricing, or better customer support, here’s a list of Uplisting competitors that might be a better fit for your vacation rental business.
There are many, many more vacation rental management software platforms than this, but these are some of the most popular on the market. Aside from these, we’ve also included some other alternatives that didn’t make our list if you want to compare even more options.
OwnerRez vs Uplisting
OwnerRez is a robust platform built for property managers. If you have multiple properties to manage, OwnerRez can offer great value for the price.
- Flexible Pricing – OwnerRez has flexible pricing (only pay for the features you want). Depending on the features you want, you can get better value for the fraction of the premium price of Uplisting, especially if you have a large number of properties to manage.
- Better Customer Support – The customer support from OwnerRez is outstanding. It’s one of the reasons they’ve been able to grow such a committed, satisfied user base.
- Similar Property Management Features – OwnerRez and Uplisting have very similar features – Property Management, guest automation, Channel Management, etc. OwnerRez also has a Quickbooks Accounting Integration, and a robust Owner Commission Statements and Payouts feature.
Lodgify vs Uplisting
Lodgify is a very popular property management software known for its easy-to-use channel manager and direct booking website builder, and one of the strongest contenders against Uplisting for the best vacation rental management software.
- Cheaper Price – Lodgify has a significantly cheaper price tag than Uplisting; Lodgify’s minimum plan starts at $32/month.
- Similar Customer Service – While Uplisting has virtually no negative reviews, Lodgify also boasts a stellar reputation when it comes to customer service.
- Highly-Customizable Website Builder – Lodgify takes the spot as one of the best vacation rental website builders with its customizability and theme and template selections while Uplisting just has 1 template, and it’s not customizable.
Visit Lodgify.com to learn more.
iGMS vs Uplisting
iGMS is a comprehensive vacation rental management software platform. They have very similar features to Uplisting. Their pricing is also higher, though they do have a Flexible pricing plan, where you just pay $1/booking.
- Cheaper Price – iGMS starts at $20/property/mo. But they also have a flexible entry-level pricing option.
- Similar Feature Set – Uplisting and iGMS both have similar features.
- Similar Customer Support Reputation – iGMS tends to score highly in online reviews when it comes to customer support, just on par with Uplisting.
Visit iGMS.com to learn more.
Smoobu vs Uplisting
Smoobu is an all-in-one vacation rental software that offers many of the same practical features as Uplisting while being a lot less expensive.
- Much Lower price – You can turn to Smoobu as one of the cheapest alternatives to Uplisting at $26.10/month. If you manage more than 20 properties, you’ll need to request a price quote.
- Similar features – Both platforms offer pretty much a lot of the basic and necessary features and tools, which makes Smoobu a solid alternative.
- Digital Guest Guide – Smoobu has a feature that allows you to create personalized digital guidebooks for your guests with the information they need for their stay.
Visit Smoobu.com to learn more.
Hosthub vs Uplisting
Hosthub (formerly Syncbnb) has one of the best vacation rental channel management features. They’ve integrated with 200+ channels, the most by far of any short-term rental management software. But they don’t have many of the automation or property management features as Uplisting, and their website builder requires a setup fee.
- Cheaper Price – Hosthub starts at $15/property/mo. But the website builder and direct booking engine are add-on features that require a setup fee.
- Great Channel Management/Calendar Sync – Has real-time integration with 200+ channels. If what you’re mostly looking for is a way to keep your Airbnb, Vrbo, and other channels perfectly synced (and avoid double bookings), then Syncbnb might be perfect for you.
- Fewer Features – Uplisting has many more features than Syncbnb, including a more robust website builder and property management features.
Visit Hosthub.com to learn more.
Tokeet vs Uplisting
Tokeet is another budget-friendly alternative to Uplisting. Though they have fewer features, Tokeet is still a solid choice and the simplicity just might be for you.
- Significantly Lower Pricing – Tokeet is one of the more affordable vacation rental management software options.
- Customizable Website Builder – Tokeet boasts a highly-customizable website builder with great-looking templates that are sure to entice more guests to your vacation rental.
- Poor Customer Support – A caveat though, is their low ratings on customer service. Only consider if you have the patience to deal with unresponsive support.
Visit Tokeet.com to learn more.
Hospitable vs Uplisting
Hospitable (formerly Smartbnb) was built for guest messaging automation, and they do an excellent job at it. They’ve recently added several features like direct bookings and task management, making them a viable option if you’re looking for a replacement to Uplisting.
- Lower Pricing – Hospitable starts at $40/mo for up to 2 properties.
- Newer Features – Hospitable has excellent automation and channel management features, but some of their newer features are still working out the kinks.
Visit Hospitable.com to learn more.
Hostaway vs Uplisting
Hostaway offers roughly the same features as Uplisting at similar price points. Their support and onboarding are personalized, so to get started, you’ll need to request a demo and get customized pricing.
- Same price range – Hostaway pricing plans are customized and start at $100/mo.
- Great customer support – Hostaway has glowing reviews for their customer support and onboarding process.
- No free trial – They don’t offer a free trial like Uplisting, and instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process.
Visit Hostaway.com to learn more.
Guesty vs Uplisting
Guesty is a full-service software solution for larger, established vacation rental property management companies. In 2021, Guesty acquired Your Porter App and turned it into Guesty for Hosts, which is a more affordable option for hosts with up to 3 properties.
- Cheaper price – Guesty is in the mid-range for vacation rental software platforms on the market. Guesty pricing plans are customized and require a quote.
- So-so customer support – While Uplisting has an outstanding reputation, Guesty has their fair share of negative reviews including complaints of poor customer support experiences.
- No free trial – Guesty doesn’t offer a free trial. Instead, you’ll need to request a demo and go through a personalized onboarding process unless you have 1-3 properties, in which case you can sign up for Guesty for Hosts (formerly Your Porter App).
Aside from these platforms, there are many, many more options you could look into. Here are a few that almost made our list, and are worth a look if you want to compare more options.
- Hostfully – Hostfully is comparable to many of the options on our list, with a comprehensive feature set including channel management, direct bookings, and guest messaging automation. They don’t offer a free trial, but you can request a demo. Their $400 setup fee is waived with an annual subscription. Use code EGNTNJ494 for $100 off your Hostfully subscription.
- Lodgix – If you’re familiar with WordPress development, Lodgix is an option that might be a good fit for you.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of more Smoobu alternatives: Rentals United, Streamline VRS, Cloudbeds, Kigo, LiveRez, Escapia, Avantio, Reservation Key, Barefoot, Bookerville, ResNexus, Host Tools, Hometime, Eviivo, Ciirus, Your Rentals, Booking Sync, MyVR, Booking Automation, Bookster, Fantastic Stay (Vreasy), Hostify, and literally hundreds more.
Other Website Builders
If you’re just looking for a way to create a website for your vacation rental (and you don’t need direct bookings or vacation rental property management software), you can use a more general website builder like Squarespace or Wix.
Summary & Recommendations
Uplisting is usually our top recommendation when it comes to vacation rental software, along with OwnerRez. The alternatives we mentioned in this article are solid choices, especially if you’re looking that’s much easier on your wallet, but won’t compromise on the features they offer.